Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Wrestling for my Life By Shawn Michaels


In this book, Michaels shares about the highs & lows of his life inside the WWE. Now retired after 25 years in the ring, & looking back on his career & his life of faith, Michaels offers fascinating perspectives on what it means to make tough decisions, how to follow God when it's not easy, & how trying to be a good person can be even harder than trying to break a ladder over a competitor's head. Full of entertaining behind-the-scenes stories & inspirational insights, Michaels reveals what it is like to be a man of faith in a wrestling world that often has no basis in reality. You will experience an intimate look into his career & the profound things he's learned from hunting, family, & faith...

     I've been a wrestling fan for nearly my entire life & I felt like I knew the characters personally, like they were apart of my family. I never dreamt that some struggled with the same issues I deal with today  or that we would have anything in common. After reading Shawn Michael's, "Wrestling for my Life",  I realize that certainly isn't the case.

In the book, Shawn talks about his addictions & the person that he was before he got saved. He discusses being obedient & trusting God to direct his steps in life as well as believing God for finances & putting family & parenthood before his career. These are certainly topics that I as well as many other Christians can identify with.

I enjoyed this book & found it to be an interesting read because I'm a wrestling fan. Those who aren't into wrestling may not feel the same way since the industry is discussed quite a  bit. Nevertheless, it's well written, straight forward & makes a lot of good points pertaining to life as a Christian. For someone who appears to be so rough around the edges in the ring, he presents much wisdom & insight. Fans of this former wrestler will be pleasantly surprised at how much the can learn from "The Heartbreak Kid". I know I was.

 Check out this & other fine books at Family Christian.

        This post was sponsored & the book was received complimentary courtesy of Family Christian  for review.
                                                                   #FCBlogger

No comments:

Post a Comment